Thursday, April 26, 2012

Switzerland, Denmark and now Scotland

Just got back from Denmark on Sunday after the sensational Senior Finals on Saturday and now here I am in Scotland - up to attend the Carmunnock and Rutherglen club dinner and see a few other people.

So no I am not in Turkey and so cannot add any extra information over and above what you can get on the official World Mixed Doubles website - sorry!!

At the moment I do know that England have won 2 and lost 3 and I think Scotland are the reverse. What is clear is that the draw seems very random - with 3 groups and 5 sessions per day some teams seem to have played 5 games while others had played just 3 - so very difficult to work out who is doing well relative to others in the Group - except of course those who are undefeated!!

I usually look at the games lost in this situation rather than the games won - don't know why but it seems to give a better impression of how teams might finish up!!

And the worst kept secret was revealed on Monday when Fredericton in New Brunswick was announced as the venue for the World Seniors and Mixed Doubles next year - so yet again I will have to decide which one to aim for as it will be impossible I would imagine to do both though Hugh Millikin of Australia has tried in the past and John Sharp of England was forced to do so in Chelyabinsk when half of the Senior team could not get there.

One problem with visiting Scotland this time is that my mother-in-law has no computer / or broadband and so currently in a cafe in Glasgow - I know I could get a dongle - when I did that at Christmas it worked once and then my laptop would not recognise it. But I will try and keep blogging as much as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment